A beautiful hike, allowing you to discover this unique rock in the middle of the Alpages de Coeur (pastures), in the Aravis range. A route interpersed with streams, torrents and waterfalls. Crossing point for many other hikes.
Departure: Lintre - Phiterne car park
1.take the motorable path in front of the car park
2.this path climbs slightly in the undergrowth
3. at the fork, take the path on the left which is almost flat with a beautiful panorama of the Aravis, but also behind the Mont-Blanc Massif.
4. continue straight ahead, the path goes a little through the forest and crosses a first small bridge, the Pont de Bellecombe, with a small torrent which is very invigorating at the end of winter.
5. after about 30 minutes of walking, you will discover the large Pont de la Flée (renovated in 2020) with the magnificent torrent of Coeur which descends from the Gouille des Fours, by the waterfall of the same name.
6. cross the bridge, and continue to the right on the path which climbs quite steeply. (on the left a path leads you to Cordon)
7. continue this wide and shaded path, it will lead you to a second bridge and then lead to an open space.
8. along this path you will discover very beautiful mountain streams, each just as magnificent as the next.
9. after a few bends you will pass in front of the Chalets de la Charmette.
10. You are not very far when you arrive in front of a cross and see in the distance the mountain pastures where the famous Pierre Fendu is located.
Legend about the Split Stone: it would have housed a vein of gold which explains why we tried to divide it in two! (ref. Pierre Millon Alpes Magazine 1998)
11. opposite on the right a beautiful view of the Fours waterfall and its path which climbs very steeply to the Gouille des Fours.
12. to the left in the distance the chalets and mountain pastures of Coeur "les Freddys"
13. the return will take part of the GRP du Pays du Mont-Blanc and cross the torrent des fours by a footbridge.
14. At the fork, a path climbs towards Mayères via "Les Aiguilles", you will leave this GRP to continue on the right below by another small pleasant path which will join Couterre a little further down via Marcolaz and Grange Ville.
15. a little before Couterre, another junction leads again to Mayères via the Pechettaz this time, follow the other path which goes down to the right.
16. In Couterre, take the path on the right, which goes down to the starting point.
Walking time is approximate and does not include break times.
Go on a safe hike!
This description allows you to orient yourself globally but does not replace a hiking map at 1/25000 or other topoguides that you can find in your tourist office! In Sallanches, our Office of Guides & Accompanists also offers a wide choice of outings accompanied by mountain professionals providing you with complete expertise on the environment and alpine nature, think about it!
Whatever your hike, check the weather before setting off.
Remember to take cereal bars, sufficient water, sunglasses, sunscreen, a small first-aid kit, as well as clothes suitable for your outing depending on the season in your backpack. and the forecast forecast.
From 15/04 to 31/10.
Subject to favorable snow and weather conditions.