Departing from Sallanches, discover the St Roch hillside via quiet paths and routes with Mont Blanc in the background. At Burzier, return via a different route, which is just as pleasant, to return to the Château des Rubins.
Departure: Château des Rubins car park
1.Go down to the church square
2.Then take the Route de St Joseph to the left and follow it until the junction with the Route de la Provence
3. then turn left then take the Chemin de Bellegarde where you will find the Sentier de la Torche skirting the houses and which joins the Route de St Roch.
4. Cross the road and to the right of the containers you will climb along a marked path which goes to the place called La Torche.
5. Be sure to follow the arrow signs which indicate the direction of Burzier.
6. sometimes the road takes over on the trail but for a short time, the time to find the trail a little further.
7. instead of "Les Murets" be careful not to continue towards the houses (there is a special sign indicating not to go there), you have to follow the road on 2 bends then after a long straight line at the 3rd bend you will have to take a path on your right along a stone wall
8.you will pass in front of a farm and then arrive near the route de Burzier
9. Arrival is below the Burzier bus stop.
10. From here you can reach the departures of the 2 classic Sallanches hikes: the Mayères & Doran pastures, you can then take the road to the Burzier car park.
11. otherwise the continuity of this circuit continues with a return loop via another route:
12. continue along the road towards the hamlet "Les Houches" where you can see the chapel of this hamlet a little higher up
13. then go back down to the main road then take the path, next to a small iron cross, which descends to the left towards "Sallanches - Château des Rubins"
14. You will pass in front of the Chapel of the Stone and its old school
15. at the bottom of the path, go up slightly on the road to the right to find the path which descends further on your left
16. you will pass farms and hillside houses.
17. you will arrive on the road to Doran which you will descend to turn right towards the road to Lévaud
18. You will take to the left of the chapel of the Immaculate Conception or a small path will lead you to the Castle of the Rubins.
19. arrived at the Château des Rubins where we recommend a visit to deepen your knowledge of the mountain.
20. The chapels can only be visited on request, however you can have some explanations at the tourist office)
Walking time is approximate and does not include break times.
Go on a safe hike!
This description allows you to orient yourself globally but does not replace a hiking map at 1/25000 or other topoguides that you can find in your tourist office! In Sallanches, our Office of Guides & Accompanists also offers a wide choice of outings accompanied by mountain professionals providing you with complete expertise on the environment and alpine nature, think about it!
Whatever your hike, check the weather before heading out.
Remember to take cereal bars, sufficient water, sunglasses, sunscreen, a small first-aid kit, as well as clothes suitable for your outing depending on the season in your backpack. and the forecast forecast.